Saturday, June 2, 2012

Day 2 Cairns





Giligan's the night before with Kara And Kaycie
Alright, we started our last day going in the rain to the boat for the Reef. It turned out to be cloudy weather for swimming, but it all worked out. The boat ride was an hour long to get to Green Island. With the wind and the rain, the ride was so rough! People were getting motion sickness like nobody's business. I escaped to the top level to be in the fresh air and luckily didn't get sick lol. The island was pretty cool, they had shops and the beach, but it was a little on the chilly side to swim a lot. After two hours, we rode another boat to the pontoon where we snorkeled and all. There was an option to scuba dive as well for an hour. At first I wasn't going to do that, however I decided to jump on the bandwagon after everyone else did! I'm extremely glad I did too because it was AMAZING! I loved scuba diving! We trained underwater for 30 minutes then went completely in and swam around for 30 minutes. When we first got in I was getting really nervous, but after learning how to breath and all, I felt better. We saw some cool looking coral and fish. It was unbelievable. Even with the weather the way it was, everything was still beautiful. Unfortunately I don't have pictures underwater, but others do and I will post them after I save theirs. If anyone gets to go to the Reef....Go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment