Thursday, May 24, 2012

Melbourne

Well, we finally made it to Australia after a 1.5 hour, 3 hour, and a 15 hour flight! Although I didn't sleep very much, I did catch up on the tv show "How I Met Your Mother" by watching the entire fifth season on the personal TV on the long flight, lol. And I saw Pake lose several Street Fighting video game matches which reminded me of the Super Nintendo version when I was younger lol. After surviving customs, we met with our tour guide, Mr. Mitchell, and our bus driver, Richie at 8:30am. Straight from the airport we started our journey with an $8 sausage biscuit and coffee at McDonald's...There was no dollar menu! :( After that, we took an hour drive to the animal sanctuary in Healsville where we saw several types of birds, platypus, snakes, and of course kangaroo. Now we are headed to the hotel to finally get to shower (which we all want and need!) and catch up on our itinerary. Right now, it's fall here so the weather is cooler in Melbourne and the trees are changing colors which makes it a beautiful place! The cars are the same except complete opposite driving sides in the car and driving lanes..luckily we have a bus to take us around, lol. After getting here I'm even more excited to explore Australia and learn all the new things we have the opportunity to see. To all who know me well, I always forget to take pictures on trips or at important events so...my goal for the next 9 days is to take and post numerous pictures :) Tomorrow will include even more news!Sorry this is late,but it is from the first day. Enjoy

1 comment: